Monday, November 24, 2014

Hope :)

This weekend we have been so blessed to see miracles and blessings. Sister Hartley and I have been praying and fasting for a while that we would be able to find people to teach.  We have really been struggling to find anyone who is willing to listen to our message or accept a Book of Mormon. However, on Saturday we were able to teach 2 other lessons, get 3 return appointments, and give out a Book of Mormon. Then Sunday [two of our investigators] AND a friend of theirs all came to church! They only stayed for Sacrament Meeting, but they were there! It was [one of those investigator's] first time, as well as the friend he brought. AND we also coordinated before hand with a member family in the ward and they invited [the two investigators] to have dinner and a lesson in their home tonight (Monday), and they accepted!  In fact they seemed really excited! I was on cloud 9 I was so happy and felt so blessed!!  I know that it was the hand of the Lord that put all of that together.  It just came together so perfectly, and I know it was because we put our trust in the Lord and expected that He would keep His promises and we kept ours.  We have planned in faith and are praying all will go well tonight.

Yesterday in church the two speakers talked about faith and hope. The one gave one definition of hope as expecting or having confidence in the promises of the Lord.  Hope isn't a passive word, it's an active word.  How much hope we have is based on our personal righteousness.  This is because we cannot have confidence that we will receive the blessings promised to us by the Lord if we are not keeping our promises to Him.

Another part that I liked was when he talked about things we hope for and things we hope in.  He read a quote from Elder Uchtdorf's Oct. 2008 General Conference talk called "The Infinite Power of Hope." He said, "The things we hope for lead us to faith, while the things we hope in lead us to charity."  He then said, "The three qualities—faith, hope, and charity—working together, grounded on the truth and light of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, lead us to abound in good works."  I know that's true, and I'm experiencing it more and more each day as I learn how to have greater faith and hope in  my Savior Jesus Christ.  Again, my study each night for 5 minutes on faith has helped so much.  I know it will make a difference for anyone who will sincerely do it.

I hope (expect and have confidence) that you will all have a great Thanksgiving as you truly have an attitude of Gratitude (another great talk by Pres. Uchtdorf), and show your faith by keeping your covenants with God.  I love you all and am so grateful for each one of you in my life!  Hope on!

No comments: