Monday, November 3, 2014

Let the Lord use His tools :)

Hello!

I don't have much time today, but Sister Hartley and I had a good week this last week.  We enjoyed the festivities with the Madison Ward and the Jackson Branch, and at the Mission Home!  Sister Hartley and I and the Madison Sisters got to go to the Mission Home on Halloween and pass out candy since President and Sister McDonough had to be out of a town for a senior missionary conference.  It was fun to be there and to be with the Madison Sisters!  It's always such a joy and peace to be in the mission home...there is a special spirit there that Sister Hartley related to the lobby part of the temple...it's special :)

Also, fun note, I suggested at the past Branch Council that they do the donut on a string game at their Halloween activity, and none of them had heard of it!  But they decided it sounded like fun, so they provided the needed items and Sister Hartley and I were assigned to do it at the activity.  It was SO FUN!!  They all LOVED it and many said that it was the best part of the night!  So the Knighton tradition (from my mom's family) gets carried on to Jackson, Mississippi! :)

Sister Hartley and I got to go on two exchanges this last week and one thing I really learned was how to open my heart more to the Lord.  I'm still learning, but I have just felt so much recently that my heart is being more turned to the Lord - to trust Him and let Him do His work, instead of trying to do it all for Him.  I thought this week of an analogy of how we get to work with the Lord.  I kind of feel like a glove on a hand...People can't physically see the Lord all the time in this work, but it is only because of Him that we can do what we do.  I also feel that sometimes I think that I have to be the one to do the job of the shoe and the glasses and the helmet and everything else, but if I trust the Lord, and others that He works through (hat, shoes, glasses, etc.) it is so much easier and so much more gets done.  It's a miracle, and it works.

I love you all!  I hope that you all had a safe Halloween and that you enjoy the fall weather!  Have a wonderful week!  Keep praying!  He wants to hear you and help you!

No comments: