We spent most of the day at [a member's] home with the two other sets of missionaries in the Madison ward. We love that family! And the other missionaries! We got to do service for them, which is why we are in jeans and t-shits in the picture :)
That morning Sister Harley and I went to help Sister McDonough with cooking. Then after the [serving at the member's home] we went back to the McDonough's! All 6 of us missionaries who were at the [member's home] went to the McDonough's, as well as our Zone Leaders and a recent convert of just over a year from the Madison Ward. We had a great time there too!
We also visited [a sweet sister], a less active who has the last few months worked so hard to do all she can to be a covenant keeper, even though she is nearly 90, almost blind, and practically deaf. She is such a good example to me and such a sweetheart. I love her so much and am so grateful I got to know her here.
Exciting news of the week is that [an investigator] from the Jackson Branch was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! Sister Keyes and I were the first missionaries to teach her, and then we passed her off to some of the Jackson Elders since she moved closer to them. She is a sweetheart, and has been through a lot to be where she's at now, but she is strong and will do great things if she will continue that way! I'm so proud of her!
I also learned this week on exchanges the importance of knowing the how of our message. Our message is of great value and importance, and it can enable us to improve the quality of our life and overcome problems, challenges, and concerns, but if we (or those we teach) don't know how to apply it, they won't get those blessings. They way to apply it is to make covenants with God and keep them. As we are obedient to the covenants we make, we access the power of the atonement and our lives our changed - our heart is changed. That is the gift that the Savior has given me - a changed heart. I am so thankful for that gift. He is the Savior of the World. He atoned for the sins of all mankind. He will come again.
No comments:
Post a Comment