Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Faith

Hello Family and Friends!

Wow time flies!  Another transfer has happened and I will be finishing here in the heart of the MJM in Jackson, Mississippi.  Sister Hartley is staying with me and I love her. :)  I am so excited for the next six weeks because it is the very best time to be a missionary for our Savior!  I love this time of the year with all of my heart!  He lives!  He really lives!  And He wants all of us to know Him!  I'm so excited to get to know Him better and to help others get to know Him too. :)

Speaking of that, good news!  [One of the two young sister we've been teaching] got baptized this weekend!  [The other] wasn't quite ready so she didn't get baptized, but we're still working with her.  Hopefully she'll be ready within the next 2 weeks!

[This girl's] baptism was beautiful :)  The spirit was very sweet and powerful.  Elder Heartman, one of the Elders in our district, baptized her and ended up confirming her since her uncle, President White, ended up getting called into work on Sunday.  [The girl] wore a dress that we got from one of the Madison Sisters who is going home and she looked beautiful!  She looked so happy!



We're still working with . . . a few others, but we're also still trying to find more people.  I know they are here, and we have seen incredible things happen throughout the mission since focusing on increasing our faith!  We're already at 24  baptism this month as a mission, and that has been our average total for an entire month for quite some time now!  We have a goal as a mission to reach 300 baptism by the end of the year, which would require about 40 for the months of November and December each.  I know we can do it if we will continue to increase our faith!

I've been reading something every night about faith and I know that my faith in my Savior Jesus Christ has increased.  I am learning now how to truly rely on the Savior - to not stress out when things aren't going how WE planned, and instead to stay calm so that I can feel the spirit and do what HE planned.

Sister Hartley and I really experienced that this last week, just in preparing [this sweet girl] for baptism.  We had many opportunities to stress out, but we stayed calm and everything worked out perfectly.  It really was a powerful experience.

I love you all and hope that you embrace the spirit of this season, starting with Thanksgiving and then leading into Christmas. This is the most wonderful time of the year because of Him - because we remember Him.  Remember Him more through prayer, study, hard work, and obedience, and your faith in Him will increase.  I know that.

The saying usually goes, "Keep the faith," but I want to challenge each of you to "Increase the faith."  It will bless your life to have more joy and less stress - I promise you that.

No comments: